In the middle of the Földvári-gulf stands the Pigeon Island, the only island of the lake. The man made isle were constructed in 1905 from the ports material.
At the early days it were refferred as mosquito or monkey island, but it's received the name "Pigeon Island" after the dovecotes placed on the bridge.
The island has been a popular beach and picnic point during the XX. century. Today it is forbidden to swim in the area of the port, but it remains an excellent community park.